- I finally did it at about 2:00 this morning! Developed my own strategy
- and went at it with apositive mind. I started on the side.
- I picked the rightside but I'm not sure it matters.
- Without breaking the top blocks I keptworking away at the side.
- Sometimes you gotta switch sides but try notto break the top creams
- on either side.
- This releases ingredients andfor this strategy, you don't want them until
- you are ready for them.
- Also, try to not break the top licorice cage or you'll keep getting licorice
- wheels and that can mess up you using your coconut wheel. I kept an
- eye out for possible vertical stripe moves and used them when I could.
- I didn't concentrate on the cakes. When they happened, they happened
- . As soon as I had one side opened to the bottom, I was able to open
- the top and bring the ingredients down. It took me several days but it
- finally worked.
From an anonymous player.Funny how I passed this level after complaining on February 12th! For those of you still stuck, these are my tips:
1. Work on freeing candies from the licorice cages first. It helps if you start with a board that has immediate move to do that. This will keep your moves centred so the ingredients stay put.
2. Clear the licorice swirls and the bombs to create a clear path for the coconut wheel.
3. Try to get a vertical stripe to free the wheel and make moves to get one of the cakes down to two pieces left.
4. Release the wheel, hopefully exploding only one cake.
5. Clear as much of the cream as you can near the bottom of the side where the cake is gone.
6. Work on exploding the other cake.
7. Concentrate on clearing as much the cream near the bottom of the other side. Wrapped striped combos near the bottom will help.
8. Once the ingredients start falling, concentrate on vertical stripes or wrapped/stripe combos to get them through. Try to work one side of the board at a time.
9. Be mindful of bombs and chocolate!
10. Once all the ingredients are through one side, work on the other side.
I learned that it is crucial to get vertical stripes in the lane where the ingredients are. My final two did not appear until I used a vertical stripe. One ingredient went all the way through and the final ingredient appeared at the top. I worked on making another vertical stripe and it went through. I had two lollipop hammers, just in case, but didn't need them. I finished with one star! I will also say that I played on my PC last night and it had moved me to level 501! I just had to pass this level though so I did it on my phone this morning. I hope these tips help all who are hopelessly stuck!
More tips for Candy Crush Saga Level 500
The first thing to do is break the cakes. You need vertical stripes and stripe/wrap combos for this.
If you can keep the coconut wheel covered until you've broken one all the better as you can then use it to help clear the second one.
Once the cakes are gone you'll have chocolate to contend with but try not to worry about it too much as the stripe/wrap combos and colour bombs you need to make will keep it under control as you're clearing the path for the fruit.
DON'T move the fruit out of the outer 2 columns or you will have to move them back.
Groups of 3 will not do this, combos and colour bombs are the only way you will clear this in the moves available..Keep your eye on the bombs, if you get a chance to match one do it as they don't have a long countdown and you may only get one chance.
More tips from Craig Norris
I found also on 500 too try to work on one side ( where the fruit falls first) and try not to break any of the walls on the other side of the screen so all the ingredients fall together and therefore easier to bring down ..and if you are lucky you can get a wrapped/striped combo that is near the edge ,and if you can bring it further down the screen and then detonate it so it clears the lower half of the screen .. hope this helps you ..i did the level this way (