Candy Crush Saga Level 159 Tips and video.

Hints and tips showing how to pass level 159 Candy Crush Saga without boosters by Cookie
Tips: Level 159 is an order level, you have to collect all the blockers to complete the level. There are two chances to make stripes in the top part of the board, but before you make these look carefully at the bottom part of the board to see if you can make a stripe or a colourbomb. The stripes at the top will detonate the wrapped candies in the bottom part of the board to clear some of the blockers. Remember the task is to clear the blockers, not the chocolate, so apart from keeping the chocolate from blocking your moves too much you don't need to waste moves trying to clear it.
Video by Cookie

Be the first to see new videos by Cookie

Subscribe to my Youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/user/MsCookieKirby

 

If the level you play is different from the one here it is because the developers have changed it since I played and I have no control over this. Please let me know on our FB group and I will try to change it.

---------------------------

Original version
You have to score 20,000 points in 35 moves to complete level 159 Candy Crush Saga.
Two things to remember, if you clear some licorice with your move no more will drop the next move and if you clear some chocolate with your move it will not spread the next move.
Try to make sure you always have a vertical stripe saved so that if the chocolate covers to top of the board you can use the stripe to clear an opening for the candies to drop down.
Even though you need to keep the top clear you should try to work as close to the bottom of the board as you can so you get cascades, which will increase your score and also help to keep the chocolate at bay. 
You have to use up ALL the moves, so if the chocolate covers the top and you can't make a move you will lose the game no matter how many points you have scored.
Video below
Be the first to see new videos by Cookie
Subscribe to my Youtube channel


If the level you play is different from the one here it is because the developers have changed it since I played and I have no control over this. Please let me know in the comments and I will try to change it.

Tip from the Sunshine Reyes
The rule of this level is to GET 20K only, not to remove the brown jelly. so focus on making stripes, wrapped or colorbombs, they'll take care of the points/score you want at the end of the Game. BUT... there's a BUT... MAKE SURE not to focus entirely on making those candies. be attentive also not to let the choco cover the top. but stripes can make holes AS LONG AS YOU MADE SOME ALREADY. I did it 2x only. Goodluc

39 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stuck on this level... not enough time to get good points because the stupid chocolate is creeping the whole time!

Shinel said...

tip: The rule of this level is to GET 20K only, not to remove the brown jelly. so focus on making stripes, wrapped or colorbombs, they'll take care of the points/score you want at the end of the Game. BUT... there's a BUT... MAKE SURE not to focus entirely on making those candies. be attentive also not to let the choco cover the top. but stripes can make holes AS LONG AS YOU MADE SOME ALREADY. I did it 2x only. Goodluck!

Anonymous said...

I finished the level (I got 24,000) but the chocolate covered the top and it said I ran out of moves. What happened?

Anonymous said...

Maybe you got 2,400?

Unknown said...

Same thing happened to me. I clearly got over 20,000 points but when the time ran out, it said there were no more possible moves. :/

Anonymous said...

I got the same too - has happened twice now :(

Anonymous said...

If you run out of moves before you run out of time you lose no matter what your score. So leave yourself at least one move after reaching 20k and then just wait for the clock to expire.

Anonymous said...

There was either no more time or no more moves. If there were no more moves and still time left, then it doesn't matter what your score is. You must finish the time for the score to count.

Anonymous said...

Once I hit 20,000 points I quit and waited for the time to run out..and then it moved to the next level!!

Anonymous said...

same problem, had 27000 pts but no moves so it didn't count but I think it should have

Anonymous said...

Stupid level I quit..

Anonymous said...

Well that's just stupid if you accomplish the goal and don't move forward! Just hit 35,000 and didn't advance. Boo!

Anonymous said...

Got 40,000 after about 15 tries. Main thing is getting the Color Bomb to match with striped candy. That helped a lot. When I saw I got over 35,000 I let the timer run out so there would be moves left.

Unknown said...

Impossibe, potentially expensive level. . You have to get very lucky to pass it! Some others have been hard, but this reminds me of one of those cranes where you keep putting quarters in, but keep " missing" the little stuffed animal prizes.. Yet here, we don't even have the HOPE of getting a prize !

Anonymous said...

Someone needs to report to Candy Crush about too many people making it and not moving on to the next level. It better not happen to me, otherwise Candy crush will be history after i report them!

Unknown said...

It happened to me too. I got 23,000 points and there was even a check mark showing it was accomplished but it didn't let me move on and acted like I had failed

Goldkitty said...

I'm wondering if the +5 candies are the culprit? Maybe this level wants you to get 20k in 120 seconds only and if you add the +5 seconds it kills your chance? I know the +5 candies haven't caused this issue in other timed levels, but wondering if this particular level does not want you to get the 20k with extra time. Any thoughts?

Anonymous said...

This happened to me also. I had way of 24,000 points and it didn't let me go on. I do not think it is fair. I have been on this level for awhile. I am angry. I sent a message to them.

ho said...

Funny that everyone here seems to get over 20000... Didn't we end up at this very page because 20000 seems impossible for this particular level ?

Anonymous said...

You need to get the stripped and wrapped candy combo for points and to clear the chocolate. Don't bother with the 5 in a row candy.

Anonymous said...

I reached 22+thousand points and it said I didn't pass because a ran out of time ?????

Anonymous said...

I think you all got stucked because when no move is possible AT ALL (like after several suffling), the game automatically consider that you have lost, regarding or not your point.

I think that considering your comments, when I'll reach the 20,000 points on this level, i'll stop making any move, and wait for to time to end.
Probably the only solution.

Anonymous said...

No...I got 26,657 points the first time and 21,349 points the second time. I allowed the time to run out both times and it still did not count :(

Anonymous said...

Good to hear that people are getting to 20,00 pts. I can't seem to reach that point, not even close. Been on this level for a couple of weeks now. I'm a little frustrated and for the first time feeling like quitting candy crush.

Anonymous said...

I can't even get 10,000 points! All the candies drop too low & I can't match 3 to use the striped candies to make a hole! Frustrating, gonna go try for combos now, thanks for the tips!

Anonymous said...

It happened to me too not funny candy crush

Anonymous said...

I did what another poster said and didn't make any chocolate candies ... just striped and wrapped. I had almost twenty thousand but I left a handful of striped candies when time ran out. The sugar crush put me over the top and I completed the level.

Anonymous said...

I just paid the money, got through and moved on. ($5.94)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that someone besides me is not even getting close to the 20,000. Good to know about concentrating on stripped and wrapped candies and forgetting about the chocolates ones. Going to give that a try. And should I reach 20,000 before time runs out, and I still have moves, I think I'll let the clock run out too!

Anonymous said...

Just got score of 25,480 & am told I didn't reach goal of 20,000. WTF!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah paid the money, got over 20000 and did not get to move on. Rip off. Have the screenshot. Ticks me off.

Bill. said...

Need to keep the top clear then patience to get the combinations.

Anonymous said...

Twice I got over 20000 points and it did not progress to the next level .game cheats.

Anonymous said...

Beat it several times and it keeps saying that I've lost. Awesome.

Danr said...

I did the same thing. Got 22,000 and it said you failed level. What the hell? How is one to progress when it reaches the goal and then says that?

Anonymous said...

I got 20,140 points and didn't advance. I took screenshots and sent a measage on their website to developers, asking for aasistance. There was no place to attach the screenshots. I now see I'm not alone. Lets see if they respond back to me. I'll update you all on the outcome.

Anonymous said...

I got over 44,000 and did not advance . Even though I had 3+ stars...it said I didn't advance. This is very disappointing since I have been stuck on this level for awhile. This game sucks! Time for a better game.

Roberta said...

I have played this level for over two weeks and made 40k points but didn't advance and then over 29k points and didn't advance. I have reported this to King both times but have not heard back. From this blog it appears that this problem has been going on for quite some time. I guess they don't really care or they would fix it.

Anonymous said...

This is very disheartening. I finally made it to the 20 k, actually over then they say I failed. And no response from king on how to fix . I wonder how some passed level with 35k and other scores I see as no 1,2, and 3. King should pay us .99 for their damn glitch inconvenience and remove that damn board. It's ok though, I DEFINATELY won't use or even try their other products in the future. Live and learn.